How to update your firmware
The Ledger Manager is a Chrome application built to easily update your Nano S firmware and install/remove applications.
Here are step by step instructions to update your firmware:
- Make sure that you have in your possession your 24 words seed backup. Updating the firmware will wipe your accounts and you will have to recover from the backup. Do not attempt a firmware update without your backup available.
- Install the Ledger Manager (requires Chrome or Chromium), and launch it
- Connect your Nano S, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard
- Within the Ledger Manager application (on your PC), click the "Firmwares" tab
- Then click the "OSU" button.
The Nano S will ask you for confirmation:
- Confirm the update on your Nano S (you can check version and fingerprint)
- Let the device process the OSU for a few moments
The Nano S then goes into "Update" mode. It is ready to receive the firmware.
- On the Ledger Manager, within the Firmware tab, you can now click the "Firmware" button
- Do not unplug the device and wait until the "Welcome" message appears.
- Your Nano S is flashed, and you need now to recover your configuration (PIN and seed) - select the cross icon (left button) on the "Configure as new device ?" prompt to do that
- Once your device is ready, you must now reinstall the apps you wish to use. Go to to the Applications tab on the Manager, and for each app you wish to install click on the green bottom arrow icon.
- Your device is now ready and up to date!