The Ledger Manager displays the last version of the applications that are available to download on the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue.
To see which version you currently run on the Nano S:
- On your Ledger device, open the application (for example Bitcoin)
- Press the right button to display the "About" option of the application
- Presse both buttons to open it
- The version is displayed. If this version is lower than the one displayed on the Ledger Manager, you can update it.
To see which version you currently run on the Blue:
There is not any way to display the version of the application - this option should be released soon. If you want to make sure you run the latest version of the application, just update it.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR APPLICATIONS
- uninstall the application
- confirm on the Ledger device if required
- reinstall the new version
None of these steps will wipe your coins, as your funds are not stored inside your device but tracked on the blockchain. Your updated application will synchronize all your information as soon as it will synchronize your data from the blockchain.