You sent by mistake some Ethereum (ETH) on my Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallet, how can you recover them?
In Ledger Wallet Ethereum, ETC and your ETH are stored into 2 different accounts in the same address, because these 2 currencies are in 2 different branches of your seed, as Ethereum Classic is a continuation of the original Ethereum blockchain.
If you ever sent by mistake some Ethereum (ETH) on the Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallet, here is the tutorial to recover them if you don't have any ETC in this wallet. Take care, this issue is quite delicate and needs all your attention.
Please follow this tutorial step by step:
- Connect your Nano S to your computer and enter your PIN code
- Copy your ETH address on your Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application
- Go to Chrome extensions and uninstall this Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application
- Download and extract the "Ledger ETH ETC chrome-app" folder on your computer
- In the Chrome extensions, activate the "Developper mode" in the top right corner
- When it appears, click on "Load unpacked extension"
- Download the extracted "Ledger ETH ETC chrome-app" folder
- Once installed, launch the application
- Send the lost coins on the copied ETH address
- Once everything is done, uninstall this custom application on Chrome extensions and desactivate the Developper mode
- Re-install the Ledger Wallet Ethereum application