The Ledger Authenticator is a mobile application suited for iOS and Android. It is used to double check transactions as a second factor of authentication, to replace the black security card. This application is only required with the Nano or the HW.1 devices as they don't have any screen to check directly the integrity of transactions.
- If you own a Nano S or a Blue, you can't and don't need to use this Authenticator application, because the authentication process is yet included by design in your device. Your device features its own screen which displays an authentication push for each transaction, requiring your manual consent to sign it.
- If you own a Nano or a HW.1, here is the tutorial to install it. Take care to have your security card.
- Connect your Nano / HW.1 and launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
- Open the "Settings"
- In the "Settings" popup, select "Hardware"
- In the "Hardware" popup, open "+ Pair a smartphone"
- On your smartphone,install the Ledger Authenticator application
-through the Play Store on Android 4 and more
- through the Appstore on iOS 8 and more
(not available on Windows phone).
- On your smartphone, launch this application, and tap on "Pair a Ledger Wallet"
- Scan the QR code displayed on the Chrome app popup
- On your smartphone, enter the 4 digits you are are asked to by finding them on the Security card corresponding table: the 4 digits displayed on the smartphone refers to 4 other digits on this table. Type them taking care of capital letters and lowercases.
- Rename this paired wallet
- Validate and wait until both your computer application and your smartphone application confirm the pairing achieved.
For your next transactions, you will be able to choose between security card authentication or Ledger Authenticator one.