If your Nano S screen is stuck on displaying "Update", it means that something - probably a network failure - blocked the update procedure before it achieved.
Please follow this guide to fix your issue:
- In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions
- Click on the bin beside the Ledger Manager to uninstall it
- Go to https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-manager-chrome/releases/tag/1.0.1
- Download the chrome-app.zip file and extract it
- Restart the Chrome browser
- In chrome://extensions/ , activate the "Developer mode" in the top right corner
- When it appears, click on "Load unpacked extension"
- Download the extracted "chrome-app" folder
- Once installed, launch this new application
- Connect your Nano S
- In this new Ledger Manager launched, go to "Firmwares"
- then click on the "Firmware" green button
- And follow the instruction on the device to achieve the update
- Once everything is done, uninstall this custom application on Chrome extensions and desactivate the Developper mode
- Re-install the Ledger Manager application on https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-manager/beimhnaefocolcplfimocfiaiefpkgbf