The Ledger Nano S manage Stellar tokens. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome OS. It requires Google Chrome, Opera or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S. Note that it doesn't work using, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Android and iOS.
If you have a Nano S, it must be updated to 1.3.1 firmware at least.
The Nano and HW.1 don't support Stellar.
ATTENTION: Most if not all exchanges currently require you to specify a memo to identify your account when you deposit funds. Read the deposit instructions on your exchange carefully and make sure you enter the required memo correctly.
1. Install the Stellar application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard
- On the ledger manager, scroll down and click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Stellar logo
- Confirm the installation if required on your device
- Quit the Ledger Manager
If you read "Unable to install application" error message on your Ledger Manager it can be displayed for several issues described here.
These first steps are only required once. Now everything is ready to manage your Stellar account.
2. Open the Stellar account viewer in the browser
- Connect the Ledger device and open the Stellar app.
- Enabled Browser support on the device by going to Settings > Browser Support in the Stellar app. The "Sign in with Ledger" button will only become blue and clickable when the Ledger is connected and the Stellar app is open.
- Click on "Sign in with Ledger" making sure you use the default account to get into your account (advanced users can enter a custom account location)
3. Using the Stellar account viewer
- You receiving address is the "Stellar public key" on the top
- If you want to make a send coins type the recipient address under "Send lumens"
- Click the "Send lumens" blue button
For a new account note that the account must be created by sending it a minimum of 1 Lumen.
- Inspect the transaction before clicking "submit transaction" and signing it on the Ledger device
ON THE LEDGER DEVICE :
Once you clicked "submit transaction" on the Stellar account viewer in the browser. It requires you to click the buttons on the ledger device to authorize the transaction.
You are prompted for confirmation on the device in 7 steps. At each step validate by clicking the right button, cancel with the left button :
- confirm the transaction
- the type of transaction (here a payment)
- the amount (in this case Lumen but can be any other coin on the Stellar network)
- the destination address
- the memo (in this case a text memo, but can also be a number id and a hash code)
- the transaction fee
- the network
The Ledger Stellar app needs to be updated manually on your ledger manager, the current version is 2.0.2, on the other hand the web account viewer is a third party updated by the Stellar community.