The Ledger Cryptosteel is the first indestructible backup tool for optimal offline storage of your recovery phrase. Much more durable than paper, the Cryptosteel resists fire, water, shock and wear. It will safeguard your recovery phrase words for eternity.
Follow this procedure to setup your Ledger Cryptosteel
1. Turn the Ledger Cryptosteel so that the part with the Ledger logo is on top.
2. Slide this part to the left.
3. Take a screwdriver and turn each upper right screw to a vertical position.
4. Pull the metal part to the exterior.
5. Push the lever on the opposite side.
5. You now have access to the rows designed to store the steel letters.
6. Take your recovery phrase (24 words) displayed by your Ledger device when you initialised it (you wrote them on your Recovery Sheet).
7. Take the double sided steel letters carefully in order not to drop them.
8. Only the first four letters of each word need to be placed in the Ledger Cryptosteel. For example, the word "Picnic" will be "Picn" in your Ledger Cryptosteel.
9. Once the 12 slots of 4 letters have been filled, you can refold the open metal part and turn the upper right screw back to the horizontal position.
10. You will do the same process on the other side of the Ledger Cryptosteel to fill in the remaining 12 slots.