Ledger does not provide support for Bitcoin Gold transactions, all information is found on this article. It is useless to contact Ledger customer support.
1. Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is available on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue. Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is not available on the Ledger Nano/HW1 and Ledger Unplugged.
2. To claim your BTG you had to have your BTC in your Ledger Bitcoin Wallet during the BTG fork on October 23rd, 2017. If you bought BTC after this date, you can not claim your BTG.
3. To enable Bitcoin Gold you need to have the latest Ledger Bitcoin Chrome application installed (v1.9.9, it should upgrade automatically).
4. You can safely send your BTG to an exchange, there is a native replay protection. Your BTC will stay completely safe during these operations. Note that the Bitcoin Gold network is not entirely stable. The user (you) endorses full responsibility.
5. You need to do the following BTG SPLIT procedure every time you want to access your BTG.