This guide suits for Ledger Nano S only. If you have a special edition Nano S (orange casing), you can not update your device.
If this message appears on your Ledger Manager when you want to update your firmware: "Unable to install OS updater"
check on the "FIRMWARES" tab of the Ledger Manager the latest available release and compare it with yours. To know which firmware you currently run on your Ledger Nano S, open the Settings on the Nano S itself, and go to Settings > Device > Firmware.
- If you already have the latest firmware, you do not need and can't update as you have the latest one.
- If you do not have the latest firmware,
- temporary remove all your applications from your Nano S to install the OS updater. Click here to know how to uninstall apps. Don't worry, you'll be able to reinstall the apps you need after the update, and they will synchronize all your past operations. Even if you uninstall your applications, your coins won't be lost or erased, your balances and operations will be synchronized as soon as you reinstall them and open your wallets.
- Then you will be able to install the OS updater, and to go through the update procedure.
If the problem persists despite of the complete uninstallation of your applications:
- click on the "LOGS" grey button
- save the Logs folder on your computer
- send it to the customer support below with a message explaining the context of your issue.