You can't spend your coins directly with your paper wallet, you need to import your coins in a software wallet, in our example Mycelium which is quite simple and safe (or any other one), and then send your bitcoins to your Nano or HW.1.
1) If you don't have any software wallet, download and install the Mycelium application in your smartphone,
2) click on "new wallet" and create your account,
3) click on the camera icon, and place the paper wallet in front of the camera with the "Spend" QR code toward the camera, and wait it is read by the app,
4) follow the instructions to import your paper wallet account on your application,
5) once this step is done, and when your coins are imported, launch your Bitcoin application on your computer, connect your Nano and enter your PIN,
6) click on "Receive", a dialog window appears with a QR code
7) click on "Send" on Mycelium, and then click on "Scan QR code"
8) scan the QR code and send your coins to your Nano or HW.1