With a Ledger Nano S and a Ledger Blue you can manage Komodo (KMD) token. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux. It requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S and/or Blue. It doesn't work on Android and iOS.
Nano and the HW.1 don't support Komodo.
To create and launch your Komodo wallet:
1. install the Bitcoin (and altcoin) application on your computer
2. install the Komodo application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Komodo logo
Confirm the installation when required on your device.
Quit the Ledger Manager
3. Once these apps are installed, to open your Komodo account, just:
- Open your Komodo application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting of this Komodo app
Komodo > Settings > Browser support
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Launch the Bitcoin Chrome app on the Chrome or Chromium browser on your computer
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
For each sending transaction, the Ledger device will ask you to verify the details of your transaction (amount, fees, address) before confirming. Press right button on the Nano S, tap on the Blue.
Komodo works on the Bitcoin wallet as they are both tracked on the same blockchain.
HOW DOES IT WORK
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Komodo transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Komodo app on your device. Without the device, the app won't launch.
For each sending transaction, your application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign by confirming everything is alright on the device.
The Ledger Wallet Komodo automatically updates.