Install the Bitcoin Cash app on your Ledger device to manage BCH with Ledger Live. The BCH app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.
Before you start
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
- The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
- The Bitcoin app is installed, since BCH requires it.
Install the BCH app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find BCH in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
- CashAddr: Ledger does not support the CashAddr address format yet. To send BCH from your Ledger device to an address in CashAddr format, you can use this converter tool or use ElectronCash.
- Segwit: Do not send BCH to a Segwit address (addresses that start with a 3). Recovering these BCH requires highly advanced skills.