Bitcoin Cash can be managed with all Ledger devices: Ledger Nano, Ledger HW.1, Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue.
Once your device is initialized:
To manage your Bitcoin Cash, you must have the Bitcoin and altcoins wallet opened on your computer, and, if you have a Nano S or a Blue, the Bitcoin Cash application installed on your Ledger device. Follow carefully this tutorial.
To find your Bitcoin Cash address (required to receive a payment),
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device
- For Nano S and Blue only:
- Open the Bitcoin application on your device
- Check that the Browser support setting is disabled
- Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
- Select the Bitcoin Cash chain you want to transact to (main or split). If you do not know which one you can select, please refer to the dedicated tutorial.
- Click on "Receive", a popup opens
- Copy the "Bitcoin Cash address" which is displayed
Please note that your Ledger wallet generates a new address each time you want to receive a payment, thanks to the Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) support. Each address generated by your wallet is yours forever, you can use them several times or just once at your convenience, it won't cause problems - even if it may be safer to use each address only once.
7. Paste this address where you are required to (in the Bitcoin Cash wallet from where you need to send coins to your Ledger wallet)
While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.