Ledger hardware wallets are not suited to receive Zcash coming from a Z-address. Our devices only support Zcash the way Bitcoin protocol works. Every feature specific to Zcash not included in the Bitcoin protocol is not yet supported.
If you own Z-address coins anyway, here is a tutorial to recover them. This procedure is a bit long and tedious, most of all to install the Zcash client, so take care now to only receive coins from T-address on your wallet.
- Take your Recovery sheet with your 24-word backup
- Download our BIP39 - Mnenomic ZCash tool, it is a HTML-file.
- Disconnect your computer from the internet.
- From your download folder, open the BIP39 - Mnemonic Code Zcash.html you just downloaded. It should load in your browser.
- Carefully copy the 24 words in the "BIP39 Mnemonic" field, separated by a simple space, without any punctuation mark
- Select "Zcash" by scrolling in the "Coin" field
- Scrolldown in the page to find the "Derived addresses" below
- Select the addresses holding the Z-address coins, and copy the corresponding private keys
- Install the Zcash Desktop GUI wallet:
- When this Zcash client is fully installed, import the private key you copied to create a wallet
- In your Chrome browser, connect your Ledger device and launch the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin app
- Click on "Receive" and copy the Zcash address
- In the Zcash Desktop GUI wallet, make a sending transaction to this address to recover your coins