1. Ensure you can use the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet
- A Linux, Windows or mac computer is required with the Bitcoin application installed on your Chrome browser.
Note: Accept the permissions in Chrome so the Ledger Bitcoin wallet can write log files.
- You will need a Ledger device updated with the latest firmware: Ledger Nano, HW.1, Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue with the Bitcoin application installed through Ledger Manager.
2. Access your Bitcoin account
- Launch the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet on your computer.
- Connect your device, enter your PIN code to unlock.
- Launch the Bitcoin application on the device itself.
- Launch the Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer and select the Bitcoin chain (please consult this article for information on Bitcoin forks).
- Select Legacy if you want to use the historic Bitcoin branch, or Segwit if you want to use the branch released in August 2017. Consult this article if you do not know which branch to select.
- Your Bitcoin wallet now opens.
3. Using the Ledger Bitcoin wallet
- This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Bitcoin transactions and check your balance.
- The only way to open it is to connect your Ledger device and enter your PIN code. Without the device, the app won't launch. With Nano S and Blue, you also need to open the Bitcoin app on your device.
- For each sending transaction, your application will ask you to verify your transaction. On Nano S and Blue, this authentication is directly made on your device screen. On Nano and HW.1, this authentication is made with your Security card or the Ledger Authenticator.
4. Common issues
The Unable to install application error message can be displayed for several issues as described in this article.