Ethereum and Ethereum Classic can be managed with Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue. Nano and HW.1 only support Bitcoin.
If your device is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.
Once your device is initialized:
To manage your ETH or ETC, you must launch the Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application. If you didn't install it yet, this is the way to do it: in your Chrome browser, install the application here.
To find your Ethereum address (required to receive a payment),
- Connect your Ledger device
- Enter your PIN code
- Open the Ethereum application on your device
- Launch your Ethereum Chrome application on your computer
- Select ETH if you want to manage Ethereum or ETC if you want to manage Ethereum Classic
- Click on the down arrow (receive), a popup opens
- Copy the HEX address which is displayed (or the Iban / Icap)
- Paste this address where you are required to (in the Ethereum wallet or exchange service from where you need to send coins to your Ledger wallet)
While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.
Please note that your Ledger device supports Ethereum derived tokens, but you can't manage them with the Ledger Wallet application, you must manage them through MyEtherWallet