The Ledger Nano S and The Ledger Bue manage Ethers (ETH and ETC) tokens. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome OS. It requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S or your Blue. it doesn't work on Android and iOS.
We only support Ethereum classic fork on the Ethereum app for now (it does not include etherzero ETZ).
The Nano and the HW.1 don't support Ethereum.
1. install the Ledger Wallet Ethereum application on your computer
- Go to this page and click on the "GET THE APP" green button
- Download the Ledger Wallet Ethereum application
(the application is signed by an "Epic Dream SAS" certificate)
- Open the downloaded folder to install it:
- On Mac, you must run a 10.8+ OS
- On Linux, don't forget to set up the updev rules
- On Windows, you must run at least Win7: click on "Additional Information" to launch the installation despite the anti-virus warning (it won't affect the integrity of your PC)
2. install the Ethereum application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Ethereum logo
- Confirm the installation when required on your device
- Quit the Ledger Manager
If you read "Unable to install application" error message it can be displayed for several issues described here.
3. Once these apps are installed, to open your Ethereum account, just:
- Open your Ethereum application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting:
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Launch the Ethereum Chrome app on the Chrome or Chromium browser on your computer
- Chose ETH if you want to manage Ethereum, ETC if you want to manage Ethereum Classic
- It will open your Ethereum (or Ethereum Classic) wallet
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Ethereum transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Ethereum app on your device. Without the device, the app won't launch.
You'll then have to choose on your computer between Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. Please be careful to choose the right wallet as it would be difficult - but not impossible - to recover tokens sent on the wrong account.
For each sending transaction, the application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign, by confirming on the device that everything is alright.
UPDATES & TROUBLES
The Ethereum application updates automatically, you don't have anything to do. Each time Ledger releases an update, it will be synced after a few hours on your computer. If you want to force an update to the latest version, just restart Chrome.
If your Ethereum app doesn't open, please consult this article.