MyEtherWallet (MEW) is a popular alternative of the Ledger Ethereum Chrome application, that can manage all ERC20 tokens. It supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue on Chrome and Opera, without installing an app or browser extension.
Before you start
- Make sure your device has the latest version of the Ethereum app.
Step by step instructions
To set up MEW with your Ledger device:
- Go to the MyEtherWallet website.
- Click the Send Ether & Tokens tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device
- Open the Ethereum app on your device.
- Choose the Ledger Wallet option.
- Click Connect your Ledger Wallet.
A popup is then shown to select which HD derivation path and address to manage:
And voilà! You can now send or receive ETH/ETC transactions.
All outgoing transactions require a confirmation on the device, like with the Ledger Ethereum Chrome application. Only public data is sent to MyEtherWallet and your private keys will never be exposed to the browser.
Once you confirm a transaction on the device, please wait a few seconds for the signature to complete. It'll then show the raw data on the web page, and you must click on "Send transaction" again to display the final confirmation popup: