STANDARD PROCEDURE TO IMPORT YOUR LEDGER BACKUP IN ANOTHER WALLET
You can recover your wallet from any wallet supporting 24-word passphrases, compatible with:
- BIP39 wordlist,
- BIP32 (Hierarchical Deterministic wallets specifying a generic key derivation method)
- and BIP44 (specifying how the keys are derived) standards.
List of compatible wallets to import your Ledger wallet backup:
(This list, written on Feb. 2017, is not exhaustive and doesn't involve Ledger's responsibility as our society does not provide non Ledger services. If you think this list should be updated and/or some links expired, please contact the support)
- Ledger Nano
- Ledger HW.1
- Ledger Nano S
- Ledger Blue
- Mycelium (smartphone)
- Bither (smartphone and desktop)
- Coinomi (smartphone)
ADVANCED PROCEDURE TO IMPORT YOUR LEDGER BACKUP IN ANOTHER WALLET
- In the "BIP39 Mnemonic" field, type your 24 words
- In "number of words", select "24"
- Select "Bitcoin" in "Coin"
- In "Derivation Path > External / Internal", type 0 to access the addresses and private keys meant to "Receive" your coins, and 1 to access the change addresses (see: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change)
- Then, scroll to "Derived Addresses" : you will see all the calculated addresses and corresponding private keys.