- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is available on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue.
- To claim BTG you had to have your BTC in your Ledger Bitcoin Wallet during the BTG fork on October 23rd, 2017. If you bought BTC after this date, you can not claim your BTG.
- You need to do the following BTG SPLIT procedure every time you want to access your BTG.
Follow this procedure to access your BTG
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet.
2. Make sure your Ledger Nano S firmware is updated with the latest firmware.
3. Install the Bitcoin Gold app on your device through the Ledger Manager.
4. Launch the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app on your computer.
5. Launch the Bitcoin Gold app on your Ledger device.
6. Click on BTG split tool line on the Chrome app.
7. If your BTC is on the Legacy chain, select Legacy, otherwise select Segwit.
8. The application will synchronize, this may take some time.
9. At the end of the synchronization process you will find your BTG in the Legacy or Segwit chain, according to your choice.
The Bitcoin Chrome Application displays: "Sending failed: unable to validate transaction"
If this message is displayed when you try to send a Bitcoin Gold amount it can mean:
• that you need to manually your Bitcoin Gold app in your Ledger Manager to v1.1.16 and add custom fees to your transaction : between 5 and 200 satoshis/byte works.
• that you do not use - and maybe did not download - the Bitcoin Gold application on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue, from the Ledger Manager. Refer to this guide.
• or that you did use the Bitcoin Gold application, but something went wrong when synchronizing your information. If so, please reset the Bitcoin Chrome App : settings > tools > reset application data and try again.