If you have issues with your buttons (stuck buttons, broken buttons…), damaged screen or pixelated screen, or a loose USB port, then please fill out this form. There is no guarantee of a refund or exchange, but this form must be filled out in order to begin the process.
What to do if your Ledger Nano S is stuck displaying “Update”
This means that something - probably a network failure - blocked the update procedure before it was completed.
Please follow this guide to fix your issue:
- In your Chrome browser go to “chrome://extensions”
- Click on the bin beside the Ledger Manager to uninstall it
- Go to “github/Ledger”
- Download the “chrome-app.zip” file and extract it
- Restart the Chrome browser
- In “chrome://extensions/” , activate the "Developer mode" in the top right corner
- When it appears, click on "Load unpacked extension"
- Download the extracted "chrome-app" folder
- Once installed, launch this new application
- Connect your Nano S
- Once this new Ledger Manager has been launched, go to "Firmwares"
- Then click on the grey "Firmware" button
- Follow the instructions on the device to complete the update
- Once everything is done, uninstall this custom application on Chrome extensions and deactivate the Developer mode
- Re-install the Ledger Manager application on Chrome.
What to do if your Ledger Nano S only displays the “Settings” menu
If you can only access the Settings menu of your Ledger Nano S, you probably have recently reset or updated your Ledger Nano S.
Once your update or reset is complete, your Nano S will be entirely wiped, which is why you can only access the “Settings” menu of your device. You will not have any other applications installed on your Nano S following the update or reset, so now you must reinstall all of your applications from the Ledger Manager using this tutorial.
Please note that your private keys are not erased since they are linked to your 24 word recovery phrase.
What to do if your Ledger Nano S screen is not responsive
If the screen of your Ledger Nano S is stuck on the same menu and you can not scroll up or down do the following procedure:
- Download the Ledger Manager
- Launch it
- Do not plug or unplug your Ledger Nano S
- Press and hold the left button for at least 5 seconds (the button near the micro USB port)
- Plug in your Ledger Nano S
- The screen will display "Bootloader"
- Release the left button
- The Ledger Manager will start loading