Can't access your Ledger device?
- In case of loss, theft, or destruction of your Ledger device you can restore your accounts.
- Your accounts can be restored on any hardware or software wallet that supports 24-word recovery phrases as described in the BIP32/BIP39/BIP44 standards. Please find a few examples in this article.
- You'll need the Recovery sheet on which you've saved your recovery phrase during initialization.
Make sure your recovery phrase stays securely stored. Protect your confidential PIN code and 24-word recovery phrase to guarantee the highest level of security offered by your Ledger device.
Watch this video to learn how to restore your wallets.
Forgot your PIN code?
- After three invalid PIN code entries, Ledger hardware wallets reset to factory settings, erasing the private keys from their secure storage.
- After the reset, restore your configuration by entering your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Choose a new PIN code during the restoration process.
Lost your recovery phrase?
It is extremely important not to lose your recovery sheet: please keep it in a very safe location. If anyone has access to it, understands what it is, they can steal all your crypto assets even without knowing the PIN code of your device.
In case you do lose access to your recovery sheet:
- Immediately transfer your entire balance to temporary accounts (e.g. an exchange service or another hardware wallet).
- Reset your Ledger device and intialize as a new device.
- Then transfer back your balance to your newly configured device.
You can find a PDF version of the Recovery sheet below.
- 200 KB Download
- 1 MB Download