For a new Nano S
- Press and hold the right button before inserting the usb cable to power on the device. The right button is the one far away from the USB connector, closest to the swivel hole.
- Your Nano S will enter recovery mode.
- Access the Settings from the dashboard: Settings > Device > Firmware.
- The firmware version is displayed under Secure Element.
- The micro controller version is displayed under MCU.
For a Nano S that is already in use
- Insert the USB cable.
- Unlock the device by entering your PIN code.
- Navigate to the settings app from the dasboard: Settings > Device > Firmware.