Before you start
Verify you have:
- a Ledger Nano S (not yet compatible with the Ledger Blue);
- Windows 7+, macOS 10.8+ or Linux;
- a USB 2 port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports;
- Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
Install the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet within the chrome web store.
- Click on the blue Add to Chrome button.
The Ledger Bitcoin Wallet is now installed.
Install the Peercoin application
- Launch the Ledger Manager.
- Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
- Find Peercoin in the list on the APPLICATIONS tab.
- Click on the green arrow button.
- Press the right button on your device when asked: Allow Ledger Manager?
- Verify that the application is correctly installed on your device by viewing its icon on the dashboard.
Note: Check the solutions in this article if the device displays Unable to install application.
- Connect and unlock your device with your PIN code.
- Launch the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet on your computer. The wallet will open after synchronization.
Note: Peercoin works through the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet since the Peercoin project shares much of its source code with Bitcoin, e.g. it can be called an altcoin.