Before you start
- Check the Nimiq documentation for more information about setting up your Ledger Nano S device with Nimiq safe.
- Verify you have:
- a Ledger Nano S;
- Windows 7+, macOS 10.8+ or Linux.
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
Install the Nimiq application
- Launch the Ledger Manager.
- Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
- Find Nimiq in the list on the APPLICATIONS tab.
- Click on the green arrow button.
- Press the right button on your device when asked: Allow Ledger Manager?
- Verify that the application is correctly installed on your device by viewing its icon on the dashboard.
Note: Check the solutions in this article if the device displays Unable to install application.
- Connect and unlock your device with your PIN code.
- Open the Nimiq app and set Browser support to Yes within the settings of the app.
- Launch the Nimiq safe in your browser.
- Click on the plus (+) icon under Accounts to add an account.
- Choose Import Ledger Account.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device using your PIN code.
- Follow the instructions to set up a Nimiq account with your Ledger device.