Restore a configuration on a Ledger Nano S device to restore, replace or clone a device. The Ledger Nano S will recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.
Note: Initialize your device to generate new private keys and save the associated recovery phrase.
Before you start
- Get the recovery phrase to restore. BIP39/BIP44 recovery phrases are supported.
- Update to the latest firmware version.
- Verify your computer has:
- at least Windows 7, macOS 10.8 or Linux.
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- an internet connection and Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
- Connect the Ledger Nano S to your computer using the micro USB/USB cable.
- Press both buttons simultaneously as instructed on the device.
- Press the left button located above the cancel icon when asked Configure as new device?
- Press the right button located above the validation icon to select Restore a configuration?
Choose a PIN code
The length of the required PIN code varies:
- Firmware version 1.3 or higher requires a PIN code between 4 and 8 digits long;
- Firmware version 1.2 or lower requires a 4-digit PIN code.
To set your PIN code:
- Press both buttons when Choose a PIN code is shown on the device.
- Press the right or left button to choose the first digit of your PIN code.
- Press both buttons to select the digit.
- Repeat the process until all digits of your PIN code are selected.
- Select the check icon (✓) and press both buttons to enter the PIN code.
- Enter the PIN code again to confirm.
Enter recovery phrase
- Press the right button to choose the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words). Press both buttons to enter.
- Choose the first letter of Word #1 by pressing the right or left button. Press both buttons to select the letter.
- Select the second letter of Word #1. Repeat until the device shows suggested words to choose from.
- Choose Word #1 from the suggested words. Press both buttons to select it.
- Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
- Your device is now ready is displayed if you've successfully entered your recovery phrase.
If your recovery phrase is not valid
- Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Always enter all words of a recovery phrase.
- Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
- Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.
You've successfully restored a configuration on your device. You may proceed to: