Tron (TRX) can be managed from a Ledger Nano S through the use of Tronscan Desktop and the Tron app on your Ledger device. Both are developed and supported by the Tron community.
Please refer to the Tron community for more information and troubleshooting.
- A Ledger Nano S is required.
- Make sure your device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure to install the latest version of the Bitcoin app on your device.
Install the Tron app on your device
- Launch the Ledger Manager Chrome application. Refer to this article to learn how to install and use the Ledger Manager.
Note: Please do not install the Tron app through Ledger Live, it doesn't work.
- Connect your Ledger Nano S and enter your PIN to unlock the device.
- Click on the green arrow button to install the Tron app.
- Confirm by pressing the right button if the device displays Allow Ledger manager?
- Quit the Ledger Manager.
If the error message Unable to install application appears, refer to this article.
Set up Tronscan Desktop
1. Open the Tronscan Desktop client
2. Click on "Open Wallet" at the top right corner and again "Open Wallet"
3. Select "Ledger"
4. Tronscan will displayed "Ledger Connected"
5. Click on "Open Wallet" and you will be automatically redirected to your Tron wallet
Use your Ledger Nano S to sign transactions
1. Make sure to keep your Ledger Nano S connected and the Tron app opened to sign transactions.
2. Tronscan will show a popup with the transaction details when a transaction signature is needed. Signatures are required whenever you vote, send TRX, change account name.