Tron (TRX) can be managed from a Ledger Nano S and a Ledger Blue through the use of Tronscan Desktop and the Tron app on your Ledger device. Both are developed and supported by the Tron community.
Please refer to the Tron community for more information and troubleshooting.
- A Ledger Nano S is required.
- Make sure your device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure to install the latest version of the Bitcoin app on your device.
Install Tron app on device
- Launch the Ledger Manager Chrome application. Refer to this article to learn how to install and use the Ledger Manager.
Note: Please do not install the Tron app through Ledger Live, it doesn't work.
- Connect your Ledger Nano S and enter your PIN to unlock the device.
- Click on the green arrow button to install the Tron app.
- Confirm by pressing the right button if the device displays Allow Ledger manager?
- Quit the Ledger Manager.
If the error message Unable to install application appears, refer to this article.
Set up Tronscan Desktop
- Download the latest Tronscan Desktop.
- Install Tronscan Desktop.
- Open the Tronscan Desktop client.
- Click on open wallet at the top right corner and again open wallet.
- Select Ledger. Tronscan will display Ledger connected.
- Click on open wallet and you will be automatically redirected to your Tron wallet.
- Keep the Tron app opened on your Ledger Nano S to sign transactions.
- Tronscan will show a popup with the transaction details when a transaction signature is needed. Signatures are required whenever you vote, send TRX or change account name.