Use the Recovery check app on your Ledger Nano S device to verify that you've correctly saved your recovery phrase. Before you continue, you need to have initialized your Ledger Nano S and saved its recovery phrase.
- Open the Manager.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Find Recovery check in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
If the app could not be installed, free up some storage space by uninstalling apps. This operation does not affect your crypto assets, that are secured in the blockchain.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- Navigate to Recovery check and press both buttons to open it.
- Press both buttons to start the check. Repeat this twice after reading the instructions.
- Press the right button to choose the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words).
- Press both buttons to confirm.
- Choose the first letter of Word #1 by pressing the right or left button. Press both buttons to select the letter.
- Select the second letter of Word #1. Repeat until the device shows suggested words to choose from.
- Choose Word #1 from the suggested words. Press both buttons to select it.
- Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
- Recovery phrase matches is displayed if you've correctly saved your recovery phrase.
- Use the Manager to uninstall the app. The app is particularly big and there is no use in keeping on your device once your recovery phrase has been checked.
Incorrect recovery phrase?
- Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Enter all words of a recovery phrase.
- Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
- Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.
Still unable to find the correct recovery phrase? Please contact Ledger Support.