The Ledger Ripple Wallet application can be used to manage XRP tokens (formerly known as Ripple) secured by your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Bue device. It's been replaced by Ledger Live, the new companion app to your Ledger device.
- A Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue with the latest firmware version.
- A computer (macOS / Windows / Linux) with internet access.
- Ledger Live (or the Ledger Manager) is ready to use.
- Download the Ledger Wallet Ripple app for your operating system.
Note: The app is signed by an Epic Dream SAS certificate.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions. On Windows, click on Additional information to launch the installation despite the anti-virus warning.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find XRP in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Manage your XRP account
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the XRP app.
- Make sure Browser support is disabled in the app settings.
XRP app > Settings > Browser support > No.
- Close all other applications that connect to your device.
- Launch the Ledger Ripple Wallet Ripple on your computer.
- The wallet synchronizes and opens. Your XRP balance is displayed.
- Click Receive.
- Copy the address.
- Share it with the sender of XRP.
- When sending to your XRP address from an exchange, you do not need to enter a specific destination tag. Just enter 0 if the field is required by the exchange.
- An XRP account costs 20 XRP. Simply send a minimum of 20 XRP to open your account. These 20 XRP will remain locked as enforced by the XRP protocol.
- Trustlines are not supported by the Ledger Ripple Wallet.
- Click Send.
- Enter the amount, recipient address and network fees.
- If you are sending to an exchange that requires you enter a Destination tag, click on advanced mode in the bottom left corner of the application.
- Enter the destination tag given by the exchange.
- Click Send.
- Verify on your device that:
- the amount is correct.
- the address you entered is correct.
- Confirm the transaction by pressing the right button to sign and broadcast it to the network. Reject the transaction if anything is incorrectly shown on the screen.
If your transactions or balance are not displayed correctly, try the following:
- On Mac, uninstall and reinstall the Ledger Ripple Wallet application.
- On Windows, press Ctrl+Shift+A to reset the application data. This does not affect your crypto assets. Your balance should be correct after synchronization.
- Click Change node when opening the application. Then replace s2.ripple.com by s1.ripple.com.
Some exchanges cannot send XRP to an unactivated address, an address that has not yet received 20 XRP to become active. Activate the address by sending at least 20 XRP from another source.
- Close all other programs.
- Disconnect and reconnect your Ledger device.
- If it does not work, try to use your Ledger device on another computer to identify the problem.